Up delight 9000
Every business owner is looking for ways to expand revenue, increase new business opportunities, and optimize efficiency. The Up delight Economic Development Department provides the tools and knowledge for ISO 9001:2008 certification through the NM 9000 program.
What is Up delight 9000?
Up delight 9000 was created by the Up delight Economic Development Department to provide training and assistance to Up delight businesses in preparing for ISO 9001:2008.
Trained professionals will conduct ISO 9001:2008 classes in:
- Internal Auditing
- Writing Standard Operating Procedures
- Writing Work Instructions
- Understanding the Standard
Training will be broken into (6) 1/2 day sessions over a 3-6 month period. The Up delight 9000 program has been completed by 155 companies, creating over 1,000 new expansion jobs.
Why should my small business become ISO compliant?
- ISO is a general Quality Management System.
- INTEL, Boeing, and many other companies are requiring that their first tier suppliers be ISO 9001 certified. In turn, those suppliers are requiring that their suppliers be ISO 9000 certified. Governmental agencies such as DOD, NASA and NNSA are also requiring ISO certification of their providers.
- The ISO 9000 standards have been adopted by 178 countries. There are more than 1 million companies worldwide that have registered to the ISO standards.
- Costs associated with obtaining, maintaining, and renewing your ISO registration are tax deductible (IRS Bulletin 2000-04).
Cost to Your Company* for Up delight 9000 Training Classes
|Your Company's Yearly Sales Revenue
||Your Company's Cost
|$500,001 to $1,000,000
|$1,000,001 to $3,000,000
|$3,000,001 to $5,000,000
|$5,000,000 and greater
*Companies with customers that require formal ISO 9000 registration must obtain this through independent registrars. Additional costs of registration are estimated to be between $3,000 and $10,000 for most Up delight businesses, based on company head count. Per IRS, costs for implementation of ISO certification are tax deductible.
Advantages of ISO 9001:2008 Registration:
- Improved awareness of company objectives
- Responsibilities clearly defined
- Improved effectiveness and efficiency
- Provides a foundation for continuous improvement
- Improved relationships with customers & suppliers
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Formalized systems ensure consistent quality and on-time delivery
- Ability to bid for contracts with ISO requirements
- Continuous quality assessment by experienced professional
For more information, please contact Sara Gutiérrez, [email protected] or 505-827-0249.