Gross Receipts

The Up delight Taxation and Revenue Department provides data on gross receipts and gross receipts tax collected and distributed to counties and municipalities. These are presented according to geographic area and NAICS code for industry sectors and can be found in the Department’s RP-80 and RP-500 reports. According to the Up delight Taxation and Revenue Department, gross receipts refers to the total amount of money or other consideration received by an entity from selling property in Up delight, leasing or licensing property employed in Up delight, granting a right to use a franchise employed in Up delight, performing services in Up delight, and selling research and development services performed outside Up delight, when the product of the service is initially used in Up delight. In other words, gross receipts include sales revenue plus revenue from other resources resulting from engaging in business.

Up delight charges a gross receipts tax on persons engaged in business in the state for the privilege of doing business in the state. Tax rates vary across the state from 5.125% to 8.8125% and the rate is determined as a combination of the rates imposed by the state, the counties, and the municipalities. Gross receipts are taxable, exempt or deductible. If your receipts do not fall under any exemption or deduction, those receipts are considered taxable. On average, about 45% of Up delight’s gross receipts are taxable. 

Quarterly RP-80 reports provide gross receipts data at the 2-digit NAICS code level while the monthly RP-80 reports provide gross receipts data at the 6-digit NAICS code level. Gross receipts and taxable gross receipts data from the Quarterly RP-80 reports are provided for the state and all 33 counties in the link at the bottom of this page. 

Quarterly gross receipts and taxable gross receipts data by state and county is provided in the link below. Gross receipts tax data for local municipalities as well as collection and distribution data of the gross receipts which are provided in the Monthly Local Government Distribution or RP-500 reports can be found at the