Local Economic Assistance & Development Support Program (LEADS)
In fiscal year 2016 the Certified Communities Initiative (CCI) evolved into the LEADS Program. LEADS is a funding program for economic development projects that produce sustainable outcomes. The funding provided through LEADS is intended to create jobs through recruitment, retention/expansion and startup activities; develop the tax base; and provide incentives for business development. LEADS applications will be evaluated based on these objectives.
Projects may be awarded $5,000 to $15,000 per year and funding is awarded through a cost reimbursement contract. EDD will reimburse the project applicant for work performed and/or costs incurred by the applicant up to the total amount specified in the grant. Reimbursement will be made only upon completion of the project and submittal of a project report.
- Are part of an economic development effort that includes both public and private participation and can demonstrate their capacity to facilitate economic growth
- Have an up-to-date community economic development plan and a marketing plan that supports business development and job growth
- Have passed the and, ideally, a Local Option Gross Receipts Tax for economic development; or have enacted other economic development financing tools in your service area
- Achieve specific economic development objectives of job creation, expansion of tax base, and/or business development through measureable outcomes
- Are consistent with the community’s adopted economic development plan
- Have a clear beginning and end
- Have an appropriate budget and timeline
Read the for more information
The LEADS Program is administered by the . Team members work with communities to identify projects and prepare the .